- Currency: USD
- Visa: Tourist visa upon arrival is granted for a 1 month stay
- Language: Spanish is the official language, English spoken by most
- Climate: Puerto Rico is classified as a tropical rainforest ranging from warm to hot.
- Why travel to Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico is drastically underrated! From their only rainforest in North America, beautiful hiking and stunning beaches – there is no reason not to visit!
- Did you know? Culebra is consistently named one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
👉👉 Read Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria
Where to Stay
Old San Juan
- Fajardo (on the East end and offers day trips to Culebra and Vieques)
What to do
- Bioluminescence Bay (Fajardo or Vieques)
- Beach days (our top picks for beaches)
- Arecibo Observatory
- Take the ferry to Culebra or Vieques
- El Yunque Rainforest
- Fuerte San Felipe del Morro in Old San Juan
- Cabo Rojo Lighthouse
- Puerto Rico has limited public transportation outside of San Juan. Old San Juan has free trolleys throughout the day to all the landmarks.You can rent a car for about $35 a day, but it can be slow moving through the highways with all the traffic.