- Currency: US dollar
- Visa: visas vary depending on the country you are coming from. As Canadians, we can stay up to 6 months
- Language: English is the official language
- Climate: FW experiences 4 distinct seasons. Typically hot in the summer and cold and snowy in the winter.
- Why travel to Fort Wayne? FW has recently invested millions into their city core to attract tourists and is sure to delight!
- Did you know? The city is a center for the defense industry which employs thousands.
Where to eat
Unfortunately, I can’t personally comment on the food in Fort Wayne. We were so excited to check out the restaurants and sample the fine food that we had been reading about, but due to Indiana state law, minors are not allowed to be in establishments where they can see alcohol. Since most restaurants have bars (obviously!) we were limited to just a few handful of restaurants. It wasn’t until we walked into the 10th place and were turned away because we had kids that we asked “why!?”
For a family of foodies; this was a real disappointment! If we had known this going in to our trip, I am sure we could have been more prepared and sampled more of the food.
Where to Stay
Courtyard Marriot Downtown
- Airbnb (click here to get $40 off your first trip!)
What to do
- Science Central
- See a Tin Caps Game
- Canoe through FW’s three rivers
- Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory
- Check out all of FW’s FREE Splash Parks
- Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- Fort Wayne has an intricate public transportation system. As for getting to the city? We opted to drive our own car down all the way from Canada.