Sao Miguel, The Azores
- Currency: Euros (1:1.18)
- Visa: Tourist visa upon arrival is granted for a 1 month stay
- Language: Portuguese is the official language
- Climate: The Azores have a maritime subtropical climate across all islands. … But the humidity can be considerably high (average of 70-80%) in Azores, so it can feel a lot hotter. The weather is very unpredictable!
- Why travel to The Azores? World class hiking, hot springs, drop dead gorgeous landscapes and delicious food.
- Did you know? The Azores are referred to as the Hawaii of the Atlantic Ocean.
Where to Eat
- Where to eat in Sao Miguel
Where to Stay
Terra Nostra, Furnas
- Ribera Grande
- Ponta Delgada
What to do
- Swim in the hot springs
- See how the Cozida is made in Furnas
- Swim in a geothermal warmed ocean at Fogo Beach
- There is limited public transportation on the island. We rented a car for the duration of our stay with Kayak Car Rentals for $160 for the week. Driving is on the right-hand side of the road!