Anna Maria Island
- Currency: US dollar
- Visa: visas vary greatly depending on issuing country. As Canadians, we get up to 6 months
- Language: English is the official language
- Climate: AMI is your typical Florida weather, hot during the summer to a perfect temperature of 25 degrees in the winter. Hurricane season starts in August till October but due to the location on the Gulf of Mexico, it rarely sees anything other than rain.
- Why travel to AMI? One word – BEACH! The beaches on AMI are world renowned, and to this day, the sand it the nicest I have ever seen.
- Did you know? At Bean Point (northern tip of the island) the sand is so soft it squeaks when you walk on it.
Where to Eat
Where to Stay
- We recommend staying as close to Pine St (north end) as you can
- Budget-friendly options in Holmes Beach
- Bradenton Beach, close to Bridge street
What to do
- Rent kayak/motorized boats with Just 4 Fun
- Swim with the Manatee at Crystal River
- Visit Longboat Key
- Shopping at St. Armands Circle
- Beer Can Beach
- Anna Maria has a free trolley serving the island 3 times per hour from the north end to the south end. We primarily used the trolley as it is a hit with the kids!